From Open Watcom
Note: Contributors are the developers of the Open Watcom tools. There is a separate resource page for Open Watcom users; some of the documents on that page may be of interest to Open Watcom contributors.
- Agner Fog's optimization documentation - For Intel & AMD CPU's
- Build Architecture - How the build system works and how it should be used.
- Build Servers - Builds entire system and runs regression tests daily.
- Compiler Architecture - High level architecture overview of the Open Watcom compilers.
- Compiler Debugging - How to debug the compiler and especially code generator.
- Compiling Open Watcom - Procedure on Windows platforms.
- Reference documentation concerning processor architectures, executable file formats, binary interfaces, debugging information formats, and the like.
- Documentation Macros - Some macros to ease documenting C Library functions.
- OSI Executables - Notes on the OS Independent Executable technology.
- Porting Guide for developers wishing to add new target support to Open Watcom.
- Projects - Ongoing development projects inside Open Watcom.
- Source Tree Layout - In case you ever get lost in the source tree.
- Style Guide - Compulsory reading for every contributor.
- VDMDBG Notes - Collection of information regarding the NT VDMDBG.DLL needed to debug WIN16 and DOS applications on NT.